Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Do I miss India!

I miss India for a lottt of reasons. And a new reason cropped up a few days ago! :) I was (again) travelling by a shuttle bus service and it stopped at a hotel to drop/pick up people. I got down and informed the driver that I wanted to go to the restroom (toilet) and shall be back soon. I come back, to find the bus leaving the hotel gates!! Luckily, the bus company had a desk/office at the hotel, and so those folks radioed the driver and I was picked up 10 mins later! :D Once I was back in the bus, I could not help contrasting the situation with that in India. Imagine the same scenario where we get out of a bus in India to go to the toilet or to buy stuff. Even if the driver starts the bus without us, those who would have been sitting around us would immediately shout out and inform the driver that someone is missing! :) Despite the fact that there were people around me when I had left the bus, no one took notice of my absence (my bags were still lying in my place). Each one was minding his or her own business!! While minding one's own work is nice, this is the limits! :D And the funny part was I recollected my last post "Heaven on Earth" and thought, "Yeah, but what are these devils doing in heaven?!" :D

P.S: Wish you all a very Happy Diwali! One more reason why I miss India! :) Think of us who are missing out on all this fun while u burst 'em crackers! :)

6 comments:

Raz said...

Yuppieeeeeeeeeee! me first...

and one more reason u miss india is me! :) unmai thaneeee....

and yeah Happy Deepawali to u too raj!

guess what? - may be u wil ve to cook for me soon! :)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Very true.. Especially out of station bus ellam pogumbothu driver/conductor checks for the number of passengers! :)

Happy Diwali Raj! :)

Kavitha Jay said...

hehe..appdiye unna vittittu poi irrundha nalla irrundhirkkum..:)
yea i agree with u da..but enna panrathu...:(
anyways...happy diwali to u too and have fun..lets have fun in our own ways...how about u go to bowling that night ;)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

hehe... india la courtesy jaasthi when compared to US nu ninaikkumbothu santhosama than irukku... but ithu ella idathulayum iruntha konjam santhosam....

hey i remembered i comented in ur earlier post.. but ippo paartha kaanom..... :)

Aarti said...

Ahh, how true.. inga sema galatta aayirukkum

came thru rsubras's blog... :)

Raj said...

@Aaarti: welcome! :) Didnt notice this post all this while.